Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

It WAS my birthday!!



So last week Thursday was my birthday.  I was turning... 21?? Can I get away with saying that?  (Because I'm so honest, just an FYI, I wasn't turning 21.  I wish I was!!)

Ahh getting older is actually quite nice. Might sound weird but when you think about all the life experiences you have had, all the ups and down and realise how it's made you into who you are today.  It's actually quite a nice feeling.  I'm proud of who I have become.  I'm far from perfect, but aren't we all in some ways?  However, I feel I've done pretty well considering all the things life has thrown my way.

Anyway, back to the topic of it being my birthday last week!

I was actually working on the day of my birthday (May 9th) which is fine as I was wanting the Friday off work so I could spend some time with friends.  Since I'm working in retail at the moment, I don't always have the luxury of having weekends off which is when my friends are able to spend time with me.

I definitely had a blast, I kind of celebrated it from the actual date of my birthday through till Sunday.  Lots of good food, drink and some awkward dancing with myself.  Ha. It turned out pretty fun.  Keeping busy isn't my forte so when my birthday comes round, it's easier to keep busy.

I had received birthday cards, gifts, vouchers, and lots of hugs! Which is always nice.  I'm sentimental so I'm a sucker for hugs!

Was it your birthday recently? What did you do to celebrate?

Here are some photo's below of gifts and what yummy food I ate!


One of my favourite kinds of foods to eat is Sushi. Especially tempura! Some cards and gifts I got from my colleagues at work.  Which was pretty sweet of them to do for me. (Including the cupcakes below!!


These cupcakes were absolutely delicious! 
Vanilla flavour. 
I could eat them all over again.
Can you say yum? I could and did 4 cupcakes worth!


Just because we are getting older, doesn't mean we have to act older.  I'm a big kid at heart. Trying to have as much fun as possible.

xoxo ~ N 

No comments:

Post a Comment