Pages

Saturday 25 May 2013

Oh my goodness... Possible new hair... Ombré away!!!


 (Pictures above are my hair as is with no dye whatsoever. It can look dark but it can also look really light brown too.)

I haven't dyed my hair in over 10 years!!! I know right?  For some girls, that's not the norm, usually us girls like to at least highlight if not color the entire head of hair, but I've made peace with my hair color.  I actually love it but lately I've been itching to do something different with it.  I'm feeling the need for a little bit of a make over...

Yes, I'm going to Ombré my hair.. Well.. Attempt to ombré it that is.  


If you're not sure what Ombré is, it's basically when your natural (or whatever hair color you have at the root) hair color is at the root, or your desired color and it gradually gets lighter to the tips of your hair.

This is kind of scary for me as like I've said, I haven't done anything to my hair in years except have it cut.  Also, this is something that can go pretty wrong!  I'm getting assistance from my sister because I really need her to help do the back of my head.  I want to lessen my chances of this going wrong as much as possible.  So an extra pair of hands and eyes is a bonus!

I have my Ombré kit at the ready, as well as an Ash Blonde hair kit. I've researched on YouTube and on Google for people's blogs alone about the repercussion's that may arise when doing this Ombré look, and for people with brown/dark hair, it can cause the hair to go orange or as some call it brassy. Which is why I have the Ash Blonde kit as well.  The 'ash' factor of the blonde hair kit is to remove that brassy/orange tone.  Also I've read, if you leave it in too long, the ombré part of the hair will absorb the ash tone and can turn the hair green if you leave it in too long as well!

So yes, not only may my hair go orange/brassy but it may also go ashy green if I try to correct it and it could still go wrong then.  At this point, if that happens, I'll just have to dye it back to some shade of brown if it goes terribly wrong.

What I don't mind about doing this to my hair is the fact that it's not something that needs to be taken to the root of your hair.  So less of your hair is damaged and the part that does get damaged with this look is the tips of your hair really.

(This is how I'm intending on my hair to look but of course my hair isn't as long as theirs. It will just eventually grow out like this - at least, that's the plan!)

Wish me luck!     

I will post another blog after I have dealt with my hair.  So for now, have your fingers and toes crossed for me in this going right first time round!

Until then ~ xoxo N 

No comments:

Post a Comment