Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Once upon a time...

Ok, not so tomboyish dressed but you see the nature right? lol

"....a girl who was quite tomboy-ish came across YouTube videos that consisted of hauls, tutorials, tags and fun vlogs by the likes of Elle, BlairIngrid and Fleur.  Her interest in beauty/fashion and self confidence/self improvement stemmed from there and manifested into an obsession that many girls go through.  It becomes a hobby for some, and a career for others, certainly life changing all the same.  Thus resulting in her wanting to take part in the beauty community to share her tips and tricks, her great finds in hauls, and her outfits that she has put together to show others what work well together in her own style of casual elegance (Or just plain casual).  So she started to make videos of her own..."

For me, this is me a little more refined. Still casual but some style involved.

I'm that girl who makes videos on YouTube (Brunette Diaries) that are related to beauty and fashion (Let me just add, I'm no expert at all. It's all just good fun!). I was never the type of girl who was into make-up or dressing up.  When it comes to picking what to wear... Oh my... It can take quite some time now! I used to wear boyish cut jeans (not like the cute kind you can get now aka "Boyfriend jeans" or anything... Proper old styles that never flatter my figure, look up the 80s/90s fashion) and an unintentional oversized t-shirt. As for my beauty regime, it used to be; shower (wash my face in the process of course), put on moisturiser, concealer and mascara and that was it and I'd be out the door!  However, it has now become far more complex than I ever imagined.

This is how my beauty regime is (example: for work), I go have my shower first thing as that's important, we want to be clean always! (I brush my teeth during this time too.  Hygiene first ladies!)

Then my beauty regime is this:-
  • Moisturise
  • Face primer
  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Bronzer
  • Eye primer
  • Eye make-up
  • Eyebrows penciled in
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara (sometimes)
  • Blush
  • Highlighter
  • Setting spray and then I'm out the door (fully clothed of course).  

Look how much longer my beauty regime is?! YouTube has certainly made my mornings a whole lot longer. And when I say "YouTube" I mean the girls who make beauty related videos.  It's their fault... ;]  

Regardless of how long my regime is now it is fun to do once in a while.  That regime is for work of course.  When I'm not working, it's a bit shorter. 

For instance:-
  • Moisturiser 
  • Concealer
  • Eyeliner 
  • Eyebrows 
  • Blush 
I will admit, I do look more put together 'face wise' when it has some structure. I'm not so multi-coloured of blemishes/spots when I go out the door.  

However it is important to look after your body and skin. The "foundation" to looking good is to be healthy as possible inside and out.  Make-up is just the fun part, it's replaced playing with good ol' Barbie dolls and her boyfriend Ken.  (It is still Ken right? Or has that ship sailed?

Anywho... So this is me, my rambles and who I am which you will see more and more through my blogs.  

I hope you enjoyed this blog! Please leave a comment down below on how watching 'YouTube' videos has changed your life.  No matter how big or small a difference. 

Until next time... xoxo N 

No comments:

Post a Comment