Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

Harrods sale - a must have experience while visiting London !!

I went out with my good friend / godsister Maredith (aka DivaliciousStar on Twitter) yesterday to Harrods!!! I rarely go there, to be honest, I only go there when my godsister is over from the Philippines. She's always been my shopping buddy for as long as I can remember.  But since she lives all the way on the other side of the world now, we always do plenty of window shopping and shopping overall whenever she comes over to visit!

So as I was saying, we went to Harrods which is a real nice fancy department store, when you visit London, you HAVE to go there to experience it.  The store's structure is amazing, such detail is taken, and the staff are helpful too.  For people who are going there to spend thousands, you'd want to have decent staff there of course.



Maredith and I love handbags and purses! Although, Maredith does love clothes more than I do but that's because my figure is quite a difficult one to cater for since I'm such a different size all over.  (Size gorgeous is what I like to say! ;) ) A handbag is easy, you don't need a certain figure to make it look good, it just fits on your arm and it looks great!  Same with jewellry really.


Staff of Harrods were dancing before opening and counting down.

I arrived at Harrods with just 5 minutes to spare before opening time! They had a little show, which for the most part I missed because of my late arrival, and then they had a countdown... Lots of people were there, and you know how people get when there's a sale right? People take on this 'animal like' behaviour and go nuts over it.  It sure is quite an experience.  As soon as the doors open, people (myself included) rush into the store to find the section that they are interested in... For me... It's the handbag section!

Maredith and I know each others styles (which is quite different to each other) so even though I was a little behind her getting to the section (I got lost, the store is like a maze, I had to ask for help in finding the section 3 times. Note to you guys: If you go to Harrods, get a map for the store!), she held a couple things for me and I found some things she might have liked too and then met up in the handbag section in the middle.

A life size bear in the gift shop.

Women are the most aggressive shoppers when it comes to sales.  Why is it us women love accessories and clothes so much? Anything where we can customise, from profiles online, to how we look and dress, or the game The Sims, we love these things!

There were bags from brands such as DKNY, Chloé, Michael Kors, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, YSL, Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Miu Miu, Rebecca Minkoff, Longchamp, Moschino, Coach and many more.  Women everywhere grabbing 5-10 bags at a time and hogging the mirror to see how it looks! You had to be fast at grabbing things you wanted.  Even sometimes I'd be reaching for something and someone would come along and take it from my fingertips! I thought it was pretty funny as there would always be another one in the basket anyway, but for some reason, to some of these shoppers yesterday, when someone is reaching for an item, it seems all the more desirable to another and they turn ninja snatching it from right under your nose! *Laugh*



The day got busier as the day went on and it became almost like a stampede.  You would move very slowly from department to department, and people would be pushing through you like a herd.  Despite all the craziness, the experience was definitely worth it as I got me a couple of awesome things (pictured below).

Pics put together on Instacollage and uploaded on Instagram (MissNathalie).

Product information: Laura Mercier compact palette & Marc by Marc Jacobs iPad cover. 

I haven't tried out the Laura Mercier compact but I did swatch the tester at Harrods, I'm looking forward to using it! The eyeshadow colors are warm tones, and the bronzer and blush pigmentation are amazing. This is my first product I've owned by this brand, so I'm pretty excited as you can imagine when trying out something new!

If you'd like me to do a review, just let me know in the comment section of this blog!

How old?!
Telephone's in Harrods.


So this was my rambles on my day at Harrods for their sale and I'd say it was pretty interesting and definitely makes for a good story.

Have you been to their sale before? If so, let me know what that was like for you!
Until next time ~ xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment